CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »





Friday, June 24, 2011

"Ready for Take-off!"

Well, I have survived 3 weeks! 2 left! Thank goodness! It has gotten much easier. I am down to two days of teaching left, then 2 of administering a test. My last week is all professional development. Then I head home to San Antonio to pick up my cats.... head back to Denton.... then make the big move to Dallas and start my job the following day! It is going to be one busy weekend!

Most exciting news of my week? Deciding on a classroom theme :). I have decided to go with airport/airline/travel theme. Since so many of my kids don't get the opportunity to leave the state I have asked 100's of my facebook friends to send my class postcards of everywhere they travel this year. As a class, we will look at the postcards, map out the location and learn about that place! I am really excited, and the response from my facebook group has been great! I really hope everyone follows through.


Some more ideas:
Our morning routine will be "preparing for take-off". Our passports will be our folders that go home every night. Each table will be a different airline (and I will try my hardest not to be bias and always have Southwest win :) haha). I'm the pilot, my special helper of the week is the co-pilot, along with lots of other cute names for "positions".

I have lots of cute ideas for bulletin boards and posters in the class all going off of the theme as well. My reading corner is "Reading Takes You Places". The "place" (posters, props, etc) will change monthly. I'm thinking something tropical for the first month :).

I'm hanging "clouds" from the ceiling over each table with their airlines logo. Hoping to get some blow-up airplanes that airlines produce to hang from the ceiling as well! Above my door on the way in, passenger arrivals. On the way out- passenger departures.

Our mission? Earn our wings :)
The destination? 3rd grade, with a huge emphasis on college (They WILL know the UNT fight song and sing it loud and proud by the end of the year :) )

These are just a few of my ideas :) I have plenty more, and I will for sure have pictures once I actually make all of this a reality!

Have any ideas? Have any connections with free airplane/airline stuff? Let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment