CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »





Wednesday, June 1, 2011

How I got here

I was one of those kids who decided what they wanted to be when they were 5 years old and never changed their mind. When I was little my aunt, a special needs preschool teacher, invited me to her classroom to be her "special helper"... and that is truly where my story begins. From that day forward I knew I was going to be a teacher when I "grew up". There simply was just no way around it. Watching my aunt, who I already idolized, lead a class of children and teach them was something I will never forget. Her enthusiasm for her "job", which didn't seem like much of a "job" at all since she was always having so much fun shopping for her classroom, inspired me to become a teacher. Many fake classrooms, baby doll students, and multiple "teacher boxes" later I graduated from high school and set off to the University of North Texas, still set on becoming a teacher. Fast forward another 4 years and here I am, a mere two months from standing in front of my very own classroom of second graders. :)

One of my first "classes" back on mom and dad's super trendy couch. ha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment